This maple nut granola is an easy addition to your morning eats. Throw this on top your yogurt or splash some milk on it and enjoy.
You can make this maple nut granola with your preference of nut mixtures. Almonds, walnuts and pecans are the nuts I usually keep on hand. But just think of hazelnuts or some coconut flakes and cashews…mmm!
ingredients for maple nut granola
2 tbsp coconut oil (or butter)
1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey)
1 cup pecans
1 cup walnuts
1 cup almonds
2 tbsp flax seed
making maple nut granola
Start with measuring 3 cups total of nuts. I used 1 cup each of almond, pecans and walnuts. Chop them up to your preferred size.
Melt a couple tablespoons of coconut oil (or butter) medium sized pan. Pour in 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey and give it a stir. Add the nuts to the pan and stir again until they are fully coated with the syrup oil mixture. Then add a couple tablespoons of flaxseeds and 1/2 tsp salt.
baking the granola
Pour the granola onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat liner. Bake in the oven at 350F starting at 15 minutes or until the granola is a nice golden brown. Stir it when you bring it out of the oven to break up any bigger chunks. Let it cool completely before transferring to a mason jar or container for storage.
Now you’ve got some healthy yummy granola on hand next time you need some crunch factor on your yogurt or a healthier alternative to cereal.
maple nut granola
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or butter)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 tbsp flaxseed
- preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- chop nuts and set aside
- melt butter in pan on stove and then add maple syrup and nuts
- stir until coated and then add flaxseed and salt and stir
- pour onto prepared pan and put in oven
- bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown
- remove from oven and stir to break up large chunks
- let cool before eating