This lavender brown sugar syrup was a staple at my restaurant. We had a espresso bar and used this in our lattes and mochas. During the summer we did a lavender lemonade as well.
This post contains affiliate links that I receive a percentage from when a purchase is made. I hand pick the affiliate links I use based off personal experience with the brand or item. All opinions are my own. See below for items for this recipe!
ingredients for lavender brown sugar syrup
2 cups granulated sugar (I use organic)
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp dried lavender
3 cups water
making the lavender brown sugar syrup
Put all the ingredients in a larger pan. You want to have room in case the mixture bubbles up. Start out on med-high and stir everything together. Pay attention and keep stirring every couple minutes until the sugar is dissolved. I stir mine and then keep the spoon or whisk in the pan until all the sugar is dissolved. It is pretty important to not remove your stirring utensil. Removing it and then putting it back in will change the temperature of your syrup and could make it crystallize.. which is a big bummer.
Once the sugar is dissolved it is safe to remove the spoon. Adjust the heat until you have the mixture at just a simmer, not a rolling boil. Keep it simmering for about 20-30 mins or until you can see its cooked down about 1/3 of the way. Pull off the heat and let sit until cool enough to strain into a jar or container to store.
I love using mason jars for these syrups. The syrup will last on the counter for a few days but I usually store in the fridge to be safe.
I got my lavender from Anthony’s Goods. Click here to visit their site using my affiliate link.
Simple syrups are so easy to make and have so many possibilities for flavors. This lavender brown sugar syrup can be made with all granulated sugar for just a lavender simple syrup. Drizzle this over ice cream or pancakes or use it to sweeten you morning coffee.
Did you make this recipe? Tag me on Instagram @dezthebakist
Brown Sugar Lavender Syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp dried lavender
- 3 cups water
- Put all ingredients in to a medium to large pan and stir together
- Turn on heat to high and stir, keeping spoon in syrup, until the sugar is dissolved
- Remove spoon from liquid and do not put anything new into the syrup as this will affect the temperature and cause the syrup to crystallize
- Let the syrup simmer for about 20 minutes or until it has cooked down to about 1/3 the original amount
- Turn on heat and let syrup cool
- Pour through fine mesh strainer to separate the lavender
- Store syrup in a mason jar or other sealed container
- For long term storage, put in refrigerator