Curry makes the world better and it is proved in this curry chicken salad. I use plain Greek yogurt which, I feel, compliments the warm curry spices. Dried apricots add a sweetness that is really nice but you can use raisins as well.
This post contains affiliate links that I receive a percentage from when a purchase is made. I hand pick the affiliate links I use based off personal experience with the brand or item. All opinions are my own. See below for items for this recipe!
You can use leftover chicken for this recipe or use my Roasted Chicken recipe below.
Toasting homemade curry powder below)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 tsp salt, more to taste
3/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
making the curry chicken salad
Start with mixing the chicken, yogurt, curry powder, cilantro and salt together until combined. Taste and add more salt or curry powder if needed, I like a little more curry. Now add the apricots, cashews and green onions and give a stir to distribute. Finish with a squeeze of lime. This salad is great on its own, on top of some salad greens or as a wrap. If the salad dries up after sitting in the refrigerator you can add a little more yogurt and lime juice to liven it up.
Curry Chicken Salad
- 3-4 cups chicken, shredded or diced
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp curry powder, depending on your taste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt, more to taste
- 3/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 cup cashews, toasted
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Start with mixing the chicken, yogurt, curry powder, cilantro and salt together until combined. Taste and add more salt or curry powder if needed.
- Now add the apricots, cashews and green onions and give a stir to distribute. Finish with a squeeze of lime.
- That's it! You can make wraps or sandwiches or add to a green salad.
- Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
If you make this, please tag me on Instagram @dezthebakist